Featured Post

First Impressions: Pink Parcel

Soph X Revolution: Review

Soph Does Nails is one of my favourite Youtubers. She posts amazing tutorials and some very influential Primark Hauls which are responsible for a quarter of my wardrobe.

Not so long ago, she became a part of the Makeup Revolution team, adding content to their Youtube channel and also travelling to America to promote their products. It was during my recent trip to California that I, in a haze of jet lag, discovered that she was about to sell her own eyeshadow and highlighter palette in collaboration with the company. I was beyond excited! Makeup Revolution are by far my favourite company when it comes to eyeshadows, and I loved the colour selection for Soph's palette.

I decided not to get the highlighter just because I have SO MANY highlighters which I am currently trying to declutter. Eyeshadow however, I am building my own personal store for! Having been so impressed with the eyeshadow palette, I decided to post a review on here.

My first thing to rave about is the packaging for the palette. It is a muted pink colour (which is one of my favourite colours) and the plastic has a matte feel to it, which saves me from the pet peeve of finger print marks!

Next is the selection of eyeshadows, of which there are 24. There is such a variety of both colours and textures, with a mix of mattes and shimmers. I think a lot of the colours, particularly the bottom left corner are so fitting for Autumn, with the purple, blue and green shimmers being able to carry you through the festive party season. The palette also offers a selection of browns and ashy matte colours which are advertised as being perfect for filling in brows, which adds to the versatility of the palette. I have also been loving using the champagne shimmer shade Fairy Lights as a highlighter.

Ok so no I am not the greatest makeup artist but alas LOOK AT THAT NOSE HIGHLIGHT THANKS TO FAIRY LIGHTS. And those copper toned autumn lids!
The pigment pay off is also rich. In particular, the shimmer shades feel rather buttery, like the Colourpop Shadow Shocks and almost like liquid metal. Some of the mattes require work when blending them out, but they are also buildable so you can limit just how bold your eyes become.

This has become my go to palette since it arrived and I cannot see myself parting from it anytime soon. I am proud of Soph for creating such a gorgeous palette, and for £10, I would highly recommend grabbing one for yourself or a pal this Christmas!

See you in my next post!

Aimee :) x

No comments

Let me know your thoughts on this post